Saturday, April 17, 2010

I forgot how much fun...

Today I spent the entire day inside working on papers due for the last day of school on Monday.

I didn't even realize it was dark outside. That was enough to make me drag my ass outside to get some fresh air, and I am very glad I did.

Because I went for a walk, and walked past a school near my house, with four basketball nets. I remembered that a friend gave me an old basketball of hers earlier in the year, and I hadn't even used it yet! So, I came home, grabbed it, and went back to the school.

And I played basketball for an hour and it was amazing and fun and I'm so glad I did it. I was by myself. Wearing my glasses. In skate shoes. And baggy pants. And it was way too dark and I could hardly see. But I could hear my basketball and see the net and that was good enough for me.

I forgot how much fun it was to just play.

People should play more. Once a day. Play anything, really. How much better would everyone's lives be if we just played?!

1 comment:

  1. True, very true. I need to remember to play.

    Have the tears stopped?

    See you soon,
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...