Sunday, July 4, 2010

Book 7

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

This book was certainly not what I expected. I started reading it and realized that it was written as if a 15-year-old child was writing it in a journal, and I wasn't so sure I liked it. But it was interesting...

Interesting to see inside the mind of a harmless, confused, boy learning what it is to become a man. Holden isn't your typical adolescent, he has an imagination that won't quit and ideas that are far too erratic, but in his eyes are all the more tangible.

The best part is when he references to The Catcher in the Rye. He says he pictures kids playing in a field of rye, and he is the only other person there. He's standing at the edge of a cliff and he's there to catch kids if they start to fall towards it. He says, "that's the only thing I'd really like to be."

This book was a-ok, not fantastic, but a-ok, and as I usually am with books, I am glad I read it. Because now someone may ask me, "have you read this?" And I'll say, "yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...