Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Poetry: Wordsworth

In an attempt to be more mindful, I'm going to start posting favourite poetry once a week. Tonight I heard this and looked it up. The poem is called Ode by William Wordsworth, and while it is nearly 210 lines long, I found this one part I particularly liked.

What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...