Sunday, June 27, 2010

I made some jam.

I made some jam yesterday. I've never done it before. It was great. It was sweet, delicious, and certainly not nutritious. So, this is how you make jam.

First, go buy about 2 litres of strawberries. They are better from a strawberry farm, because they are cheaper than buying a ton at the grocery store.

Then, you wash and mash the strawberries in a bowl, with a potato masher. You crush them until they are all juicy, red, and you do that until you get four cups of strawberries. You put the strawberries in a pot. Then you add 1/4 cup of lemon juice, and a whopping 7 cups of granulated white sugar. Not four cups... but 7. I couldn't believe it. It did, however, explain for the complete sweetness of the jam. Then, you add the Certo. And boil the strawberries.

You have to watch that they don't overflow over the pot and get onto the stove. Because if it does, that 7 cups of sugar will stick like white on rice. Or sticky, strawberry sugar mix. It happened.

You pour the jam into jars, and seal them with a kiss. Jam is delicious. I don't eat a lot of it, but now that I've made 12 jars of jam I will have to eat more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...